Day Curling League
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30
Come when you can. There's no commitment to find a spare when you are busy or away. It’s a great place to learn to curl, to work on your curling skills, and to learn how to stick curl.
We also have one-day home/away tournaments with other clubs where we regularly get trounced but have a good time and a good meal! And we have several fun in-house bonspiels/pot lucks during the season.
Open to all members, and to non-members on a limited basis
Daytime Drop-in curling is open to all members, on a first come, first served basis. Non-members are welcome if space is available after members have been assigned to teams. Non-members can curl as our guest the first time and then we ask you to join the club as a social member ($50, with an opportunity to curl 3 more times) or as a full member of the club.
- Curling starts at 9:30 am. Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early to allow time to make up teams
- Games are eight ends with a break for refreshments after four ends
- Teams are mixed, with any combination of male and female curlers
- Adult curlers only
- We have a kitty to collect small contributions (generally a quarter) to cover the cost of refreshments (coffee and tea, supplies).
- If you love to bake, we have a sign up schedule for home cooked goodies but you are under no obligation to bring anything
- If schools in the area (South Shore Regional School Board) are closed due to bad weather on a curling day, daytime curling will be cancelled.
- Doug Ross
- Mary Raine
Doubles League ONLY
- Games will be played on alternate Monday evenings beginning at 7:30pm.
- Keep checking this space for further details which will be posted as they become available.
Tuesday Competitive Cash League
- Games are eight ends
- Open to members
- Entry fee is $100.00. All entry fees go to prize pool
- In the Playoff round, games tied after eight ends will be decided by extra end(s)
- All entry fees will be given out as prizes
- Terry Atherton
- To be posted here when available
Stick League ONLY
- Games are played every Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 to 2:30pm.
- Each team consists of 2 stick curlers and 6 rocks are thrown each end alternately by each team. There is no sweeping between the hog lines.
- Curlers can sign up in teams or as an individual and they will be assigned to a team.
Wednesday Ladies League
Playing the Draw
- Games start at 7:30pm.
- Games will be 8 ends and completed within 2 hours. No end will start after 9:30pm.
- Mates or thirds will notify the Chair of wins and losses.
- Regular draws will be round robin format per the schedule on the website.
- Canadian Curling Association rules apply.
- In the case of a tie at the end of the game, an extra end will be played.
- In the case of a tie at the end of a round robin, the standings will be determined by:
- Head to head winner
- Draw closest to the button (if needed).
- The team that cancels a game must try to accommodate an acceptable time for the opposing team when deciding on a make-up date.
- Re-scheduled games must be played within 1 week, unless other arrangements are deemed neccessary.
- If a game is not made up by the deadline date, the cancelling team must accept the loss.
- If neither team can complete a game, both teams will mark a loss for the game.
- If a night's play is cancelled due to inclement weather, that draw may be re-scheduled.
- At least 2 regular members from a team must be present in order for a game to qualify as a result for league play.
- Please call the Spares list, then spare curlers from the adult membership must be called after that. If no adult curlers are available, the juniors may be called.
- Tammy Rent (H): 902-431-5854, (W): 902-624-1555, (C/T): 902-483-9086
- Cathy Rafuse (H): 902-275-4844, (C/T): 902-527-4259
Thursday Mens League
- Early draw starts at 7:00 p.m., late draw at 9:00 p.m.
- Teams in the early draw who are postponing or cancelling their game should inform the skips of the late game
- Games are eight ends
- Open to adult Men members
- Teams are asked to proceed to the ice at five to seven so the early draw can start promptly at 7:00 and allowing time to complete all eight ends.
- In the seven o'clock draw no end may start after 8:50 p.m. to allow timely completion of the second draw.
- Each losing team in the 7:00 draw is expected to clean the ice to allow for peppling between draws.
- Darrin Hatt
Friday Mixed League
- If there are cancellations please consult the opposing skip and chair.
- Draw starts at 7:30 pm
- Games are eight ends.
- If a game is cancelled, a make up game played before the last scheduled date of the draw or cancelling team takes the loss.
- Mates are asked to record wins and losses.
- CCA rules apply.
- Open to adult members.
- Game tie Breakers are determined by skips rocks.
- Playoff will be scheduled in December. Top teams from each division will play for one trophy, 2nd place teams from each division will play for another trophy.
- Ties for playoffs will be determined by first, head-to-head, then draw to button.
Juniors Over 12
For the 2017-18 season, Junior curlers will be able to play in a Thursday League from 3-4:30pm.
If enough teams are present, league play will take place with two divisions. Instructional help will be given during the games to further deveolp their skills.
Juniors Under 12
The Junior Under 12 League will be held on Saturdays from 10:30am to 12:00pm during the 2017-18 season.
Children can sign up as a team or we can place them with a team. Three to four ends will be curled each week.
Volunteers will be on the ice to help the young curlers with strategy and etiquette.