Day Curling League
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30
Come when you can. There's no commitment to find a spare when you are busy or away. It’s a great place to learn to curl, to work on your curling skills, and to learn how to stick curl.
We also have one-day home/away tournaments with other clubs where we regularly get trounced but have a good time and a good meal! And we have several fun in-house bonspiels/pot lucks during the season.
Open to all members, and to non-members on a limited basis
Daytime Drop-in curling is open to all members, on a first come, first served basis. Non-members are welcome if space is available after members have been assigned to teams. Non-members can curl as our guest the first time and then we ask you to join the club as a social member ($50, with an opportunity to curl 3 more times) or as a full member of the club.
- Curling starts at 9:30 am. Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early to allow time to make up teams
- Games are eight ends with a break for refreshments after four ends
- Teams are mixed, with any combination of male and female curlers
- Adult curlers only
- We have a kitty to collect small contributions (generally a quarter) to cover the cost of refreshments (coffee and tea, supplies).
- If you love to bake, we have a sign up schedule for home cooked goodies but you are under no obligation to bring anything
- If schools in the area (South Shore Regional School Board) are closed due to bad weather on a curling day, daytime curling will be cancelled.
- Doug Ross: (H) 902-275-4762
- Mary Raine: (H) 902-273-2085
Doubles League ONLY
- Games will be played on alternate Monday evenings starting October 29th from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Keep checking this space for further details which will be posted as they become available.
Stick League ONLY
- Games are played every Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Each team consists of 2 stick curlers and 6 rocks are thrown each end alternately by each team. There is no sweeping between the hog lines.
- Curlers can sign up in teams or as an individual and they will be assigned to a team.
Wednesday Ladies League
- Games start at 7:00pm.
- Games will be 8 ends and completed within 2 hours. No end will start after 9:00pm.
- Mates or thirds will notify the Chair of wins and losses.
- Regular draws will be round robin format per the schedule on the website.
- Canadian Curling Association rules apply.
- In the case of a tie at the end of the game, an extra end will be played.
- In the case of a tie at the end of a round robin, the standings will be determined by:
- Head to head winner
- Draw closest to the button (if needed).
- The team that cancels a game must try to accommodate an acceptable time for the opposing team when deciding on a make-up date.
- Re-scheduled games must be played within 1 week, unless other arrangements are deemed neccessary.
- If a game is not made up by the deadline date, the cancelling team must accept the loss.
- If neither team can complete a game, both teams will mark a loss for the game.
- If a night's play is cancelled due to inclement weather, that draw may be re-scheduled.
- At least 2 regular members from a team must be present in order for a game to qualify as a result for league play.
- Please call the Spares list, then spare curlers from the adult membership must be called after that. If no adult curlers are available, the juniors may be called.
- Tammy Rent: (H) 902-431-5854 (W): 902-624-1555 (C/T) 902-483-9086
- Cathy Rafuse: (H) 902-275-4844 (C/T) 902-527-4259
Thursday Mens League
- Early draw starts at 7:00 pm and the late draw at 9:00 pm.
- Teams in the early draw who are postponing or cancelling their game should inform the skips of the late game
- Games are eight ends
- Open to adult Men members
- Teams are asked to proceed to the ice at five to seven so the early draw can start promptly at 7:00 and allowing time to complete all eight ends.
- In the seven o'clock draw no end may start after 8:50 p.m. to allow timely completion of the second draw.
- Each losing team in the 7:00 draw is expected to clean the ice to allow for peppling between draws.
- Darrin Hatt: (C) 902-277-0493
- Dale Rafuse: (H) 902-275-4844 (C) 902-527-3377
Friday Mixed League
- Open to all adult female and male members of the Club. Juniors may spare on a limited basis.
- Draw starts at 7:00 pm and games are eight ends.
- If your team needs to cancel a game, please inform the opposing skip and Mixed Chair immediately so another game can be played in your time slot, particularly if the game was scheduled for the 7pm draw.
- If a game is cancelled, a make up game played before the last scheduled date of the draw or cancelling team takes the loss.
- Mates are asked to record wins and losses on the score sheet on the bulletin board at the Club.
- CCA rules apply.
- Game tie breakers are determined by skips rocks.
- Playoff will be scheduled in December. Top teams from each division will play for one trophy, 2nd place teams from each division will play for another trophy.
- Ties for playoffs will be determined by first, head-to-head, then draw to button.
- David Murray: (C) 902-401-4969
- Charles Walker: (H) 902-275-4635
Juniors Over 12
- For the 2018-19 season, Junior curlers will be able to play in a League on alternating Mondays starting November 5th from 6:30-8pm.
- If enough teams are present, league play will take place with two divisions. Instructional help will be given during the games to further develop their skills.
- Beth Atherton: (H) 902-275-2084
Juniors Under 12
- The Junior Under 12 League will be held on Saturdays from 10:30am to 11:30am during the 2018-19 season.
- Children can sign up as a team or we can place them with a team. Three to four ends will be curled each week. Volunteers will be on the ice to help the young curlers with strategy and etiquette.
- Beth Atherton: (H) 902-275-2084