Day Curling League
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30
Come when you can. There's no commitment to find a spare when you are busy or away. It’s a great place to learn to curl, to work on your curling skills, and to learn how to stick curl.
We also have one-day home/away tournaments with other clubs where we regularly get trounced but have a good time and a good meal! And we have several fun in-house bonspiels/pot lucks during the season.
Open to all members, and to non-members on a limited basis
Daytime Drop-in curling is open to all members, on a first come, first served basis. Non-members are welcome if space is available after members have been assigned to teams. Non-members can curl as our guest the first time and then we ask you to join the club as a social member ($50, with an opportunity to curl 3 more times) or as a full member of the club.
- Curling starts at 9:30 am. Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early to allow time to make up teams
- Games are eight ends with a break for refreshments after four ends
- Teams are mixed, with any combination of male and female curlers
- Adult curlers only
- We have a kitty to collect small contributions (generally a quarter) to cover the cost of refreshments (coffee and tea, supplies).
- If you love to bake, we have a sign up schedule for home cooked goodies but you are under no obligation to bring anything
- If schools in the area (South Shore Regional School Board) are closed due to bad weather on a curling day, daytime curling will be cancelled.
- Doug Ross
- Mary Raine
Tuesday Competitive Cash League
- Games are eight ends
- Open to members
- Entry fee is $100.00. All entry fees go to prize pool
- In the Playoff round, games tied after eight ends will be decided by extra end(s)
- All entry fees will be given out as prizes
- Terry Atherton
- To be posted here when available
Wednesday Ladies League
Playing the Draw
- Games start at 7:30pm.
- Games will be 8 ends and completed within 2 hours. No end will start after 9:30pm.
- Mates or thirds will notify the Chair of wins and losses.
- Regular draws will be round robin format per the schedule on the website.
- Canadian Curling Association rules apply.
- In the case of a tie at the end of the game, an extra end will be played.
- In the case of a tie at the end of a round robin, the standings will be determined by:
- Head to head winner
- Draw closest to the button (if needed).
- The team that cancels a game must try to accommodate an acceptable time for the opposing team when deciding on a make-up date.
- Re-scheduled games must be played within 1 week, unless other arrangements are deemed neccessary.
- If a game is not made up by the deadline date, the cancelling team must accept the loss.
- If neither team can complete a game, both teams will mark a loss for the game.
- If a night's play is cancelled due to inclement weather, that draw may be re-scheduled.
- At least 2 regular members from a team must be present in order for a game to qualify as a result for league play.
- Please call the Spares list, then spare curlers from the adult membership must be called after that. If no adult curlers are available, the juniors may be called.
- Tammy Rent (H): 902-431-5854, (W): 902-624-1555, (C/T): 902-483-9086
- Cathy Rafuse (H): 902-275-4844, (C/T): 902-527-4259
Thursday Mens League
- Early draw starts at 7:00 p.m., late draw at 9:00 p.m.
- Teams in the early draw who are postponing or cancelling their game should inform the skips of the late game
- Games are eight ends
- Open to adult Men members
- Teams are asked to proceed to the ice at five to seven so the early draw can start promptly at 7:00 and allowing time to complete all eight ends.
- In the seven o'clock draw no end may start after 8:50 p.m. to allow timely completion of the second draw.
- Each losing team in the 7:00 draw is expected to clean the ice to allow for peppling between draws.
- Darrin Hatt
Friday Mixed League
- If there are cancellations please consult the opposing skip and chair.
- Draw starts at 7:30 pm
- Games are eight ends.
- If a game is cancelled, a make up game played before the last scheduled date of the draw or cancelling team takes the loss.
- Mates are asked to record wins and losses.
- CCA rules apply.
- Open to adult members.
- Game tie Breakers are determined by skips rocks.
- Playoff will be scheduled in December. Top teams from each division will play for one trophy, 2nd place teams from each division will play for another trophy.
- Ties for playoffs will be determined by first, head-to-head, then draw to button.
For the 2016-17 season, Junior curlers will be able to play in a Wednesday League from 3-4:40pm.
If enough teams are present, league play will take place with two divisions. Instructional help will be given during the games to further deveolp their skills.
The Pre-Junior League will be held on Saturdays from 10:30am to 12:00pm during the 2016-17 season.
Children can sign up as a team or we can place them with a team. Three to four ends will be curled each week.
Volunteers will be on the ice to help the young curlers with strategy and etiquette.