Another busy couple of days at the Chester Curling Club!
We are pleased to be hosting the NS Stick Curling Provincial Championships this weekend. In total, 25 teams are registered with 18 in the Open division and 7 in the Women's division.
The first draw begins at 10:45am on Friday with the finals scheduled for 2:15pm on Sunday.
Pools, seeding guides and regulations can be found by clicking here!
This year's Snowball was a great success with curlers from Dartmouth, Bridgewater, Glooscap and Chester joining in on all the fun!
Many thanks to all the volunteers who worked tirelessly to make the Snowball an enjoyable event for all!
- Carla Rafuse and Danette Grey...the Snowball wouldn't exist without the dedicated work of these two ladies!
- Our MC for the evening banquet John Sheppard.
- MJ Barkhouse and her team of kitchen helpers who served up a delicious 4 course meal.
- Terry Atherton and all the members who prepped the ice before & after the games.
- All the bartenders (Bob & Emily Fraser, Wendy Schnare et al) for keeping the curlers in fluids.
- Mairi Shaw & Patrick Jardine from the Saltbox Brewing Co. who introduced our members to their ale & stout.
- The massage students at the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy for soothing achy muscles.
- All the Chester Curling Club members who contributed tasty treats and snacks for the Friday evening mixer.
Looking for a sport to keep you active this winter...why not give curling a try?
Our 6-week Learn to Curl clinics start again on January 29th, 2017 and is a great way to meet new people, have fun and excercise.
Find out how you can register by clicking here.
Wear loose/stretchy clothing that you can move in and dress in warm layers. Bring clean sneakers, gloves and a hat. Brooms and sliders will be provided by the Club.