This year's Snowball event is just a few days away (Friday, February 12th and Saturday, February 13th) and we are looking for your help in staging this exciting tournament at the Chester Curling Club!
Whether you can commit to a full day, a few hours or donate much needed supplies, we would appreciate the time and effort you can offer.
The number of tasks that needs to be done is varied and hopefully you can find a job in the list below that would utilize your people, culinary and/or decorating skills and appeal to your interests. If time is tight, bring along a friend or partner and split a shift!
The following positions are available:
- Bartenders...Friday evening, Saturday day and Saturday evening
- "Meet N' Greet" servers and cleaners...Friday night 6:00-10:30pm in the upstair's lounge for our wine & appetizer mixer.
- Registration and welcoming players...a short shift Friday evening 5:30-9pm.
- Saturday breakfast organizers...set-up, replenishing buffet, making coffee/tea etc in the downstair's lounge from 7-11am.
- Decorators and decorations...set-up and installation in both upstair's and downstair's lounges plus any snowflake related materials you might wish to donate.
- Kitchen crew, prep, servers and cleanup team for our lobster dinner on Saturday 5pm-10pm. Also lobster cookers from 2:30-5pm.
- Ice crew maintenance and prep...Terry could use an extra hand or two on Friday night 8-9pm, Saturday 10-10:30am, 12:30-1:30pm, and 3-4pm.
- Food donations...Friday night snacks could include veggie trays, cheese and crackers, dips or your favorite appies. Breakfast items needed include muffins, coffee cakes, juice, fruit, granola, yogurt etc.
If you would like to get involved and support our Club, you can either sign up on the volunteer and donation sheets that are posted on the bulletin board at the Club or email us through the link above on the right hand side.
The Snowball Committee